Tuesday, December 28, 2010
6 Months! A half a year has gone by?!?
We began solid foods last week- rice cereal. He is not a fan quite yet. He just lets it all run out of his mouth and gets fussy. If I sing to him, he will calm down and eat a little. His favorite song? "Jingle Bells". We tried sweet potatoes last night and he likes them. I am going to try to make his food... we will see how long I can do this without being overly stressed- I can't even make dinner for Andy and I on some nights! I am using Annabel Karmel's book Top 100 Baby Purees for some of the meals.
Some of the things Owen is doing at 6 months:
- just about to sit up by himself (can hold onto his toy to sit up)
- still resistant to tummy time and will roll to his back as soon as he is put on his tummy
- making the cutest sounds ever and giggling like crazy
- sleeping a ton! and eating a lot
- interacting with toys, hits them to make the noises
- not as distracted when nursing as he was last month
- happy as can be, unless he is tired- then he goes down for a nap and falls asleep fairly quickly
I cannot believe it has already been 6 months. Owen has been a ton of fun! We look forward to all of the great moments we have ahead of us :)