Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Gettin' Ready for Winter!


Andy thought that Owen should try on his snow outfit that Kay gave us in preparation for winter. It was a little big... hahaha.  As always, Andy and I got quite a laugh out of it :) We had the most gorgeous fall, but now its getting cold...booooo.

Not sure if you have noticed, but it has been awhile since our last post.  A lot has been going on.  So I will pick up the story from the Florida trip- our first family vacation.  It was great after the fussy night.  The rest of the time he was an angel.  He dressed up as a skeleton for Halloween (see pictures in the album).  Everyone in the airport thought he was pretty cute.  Andy was getting sick of random strangers staring at him and coming up to talk to us.  He got to hang out with his friend Julia for Halloween too.  No Trick or Treating though.  The weekend of Halloween, Owen went back to waking up at 2 am to eat.  So, the sleeping through the night only lasted a few blissful weeks.

The Monday after we returned, we started our trial run at day care.  We did half days the first week.  I went into work each day to ease into things a bit.  I met with my sub and spent a little time with the kiddos so the transition would be as seamless as possible.  Tuesday I did the drop off but had a very difficult time with it, so Andy does the drop offs now :) Friday was our first full day of day care.  He didn't eat much while he was there and seemed to be a little fussy.  The teachers suggested sending in a 'mommy shirt' each day to keep my scent around and it helped a lot.  Owen had his first cold and fever that weekend.  He seemed to be a pretty happy sick kid though!  I had a sinus infection or something and was not nearly as happy as little O.

Last week was my 'official' first week back to work.  The first two days were exhausting- since I wasn't feeling well... I took a nap each night around 7:30-9.  Each day at work got a little better- I'm getting back into the swing of things.  This week is going by quickly, maybe because Thanksgiving break is right around the corner.

It is wonderful seeing Owen at the end of each day.  He is so happy to see me when I pick him up.  They say he is a charmer at day care.  Holding hands with the girls and smiling all the time.  He was in a great mood today when I picked him up.  Owen was just laughing at everything.  It really made all of the stress from the day melt away.  We are looking forward to this weekend for the Dursch Thanksgiving and Jessie and Caroline's baby shower.  Next Wednesday we go back to Children's for Owen's 5 month post-op checkup and EKG. Then, next weekend we are off to Chicago to see the Dursches and their new baby Audrey. (Owen's cousin)

Hopefully I will get some more photos taken soon and get a little more regular with the posting.  Maybe things will slow down a bit so I can fit it all in!  Thanks for being patient for this update.  Have a great Thanksgiving!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment