Saturday, July 31, 2010
6 weeks- growing!
Owen made his 3rd trip to the pediatrician last week. He is 7 pounds 9 ounces and 20 inches long! Gained 1 and 1/2 pounds in a week and a half. He must be getting enough food. The nursing has been hit or miss, but good lately. Owen's perfectionist momma wants him to get a 'perfect latch' before proceeding, but the lactation lady says it is fine as long as it doesn't hurt and he is getting food. Things have been better since I have eased up a little. We also took a day and a half break to regain our confidence in this important endeavor. It really helped us both :)
Andy went out of town this weekend to a friend's wedding in Connecticut. We haved missed him since he left :( Come back soon Daddy!
A few milestones are starting to happen:
- 2 weeks- Owen was following our voices and faces with his eyes, grasped our finger tightly
- 3 weeks- Began to smile because of gas I guess- even chuckled a couple times
- 4 weeks- Lifting his head a bit during tummy time and getting stronger
- 5 weeks- Owen truly smiled at me- during nursing to tell me that he wasn't going to latch and I couldn't make him... he is in control. Owen also loves to be outside, the cicada sounds are soothing and he likes to be toasty warm like his mommy
- 6 weeks- beginning to grab at things in his play area, also grabbed onto a diaper and held on for a bit today
So glad Owen is doing well. He is a saint during the nighttime (hoping that complementing him publicly on this will encourage it to continue!) He wakes up for food every 3 hours and goes right back to sleep after diaper change. Starts to make little noises a few minutes before he is starving to give me time to get up and warm his bottle. Keep it up little guy!